Joint us at our August meeting for a Moderated Discussion
Remember the lyrics to the old song standard Summertime? It goes, “Summertime and the livin’ is easy.” Not if you’re a business owner! The kids are home from school, you’re trying to squeeze in some vacation time and oh, by the way, you’ve still got a business to run. Having optimal work-life balance is a challenge for business owners every day - not just in the summer - but we often feel the heat even more during this time of year.
In our August meeting, Program Committee co-chairs Kim Carter and Terry Welford will moderate a discussion on work-life balance. We’ll explore best practices in areas such as time management, productivity and stress management. Bring your challenges as well as your ideas. You’ll leave with at least one new strategy for achieving better work-life balance.
What an amazing group of women.. and men. WBF continues to stand out as a networking group with a unique culture of inspiration and support. Come grow your business with us!
Networking: What's in it for YOU?
We all believe networking is important to grow our businesses. But how do you network the right way to get what you need from the organizations you are involved with? Here are just a few tips to help you get the most from your networking:
1) Show up: this is critical, however it's just the beginning!
2) Ask questions. Learn how you can help others, why they are there and who they want to meet.
3) Connect. Introduce people that may be able to help one another.
4) Be generous. Share what you know in a non-promotional way; you will be remembered for your expertise.
5) Get involved and take action! Learn where your expertise can best benefit the organization and its members and become a champion.
6) Persevere. Building your network must be based on trust and relationships - this takes time!
When you become known for showing up, serving others and taking action, you'll become become the "go to" person in your network when someone needs the services you offer.
What can I, and the Women's Business Forum, do to support you? We really want to know, so please share!